Our staff are what make us.
Job and tender opportunities will be posted here when available. Please check back regularly for the latest opportunities.
Closing Date: July 25th 2022 at 11:59pm
Shetland Arts are looking for an enthusiastic and engaging lecturer to develop and deliver their 'Skills For Work Creative Industries: Drama course', taught in partnership with Shetland UHI. This zero hours role will average around 4hrs/week across the 36 week academic year. The course is delivered on alternate Fridays during term time.
The successful candidate will have the skills and ability to deliver activities across the following areas with pupils from S3/S4:
- The nature of a drama performance including form, structure, genre and style
- Practical stagecraft, acting, physicality and characterisation
- Roles and responsibilities in a theatre production team
- Introduction to script and character development
- The application of theatre production skills.
The course is based on the SQA Creative Industries National Progression Award and comprises 4 modules at National 4 level:
- Creative Industries Basics
- Practical Skills Development
Interviews will be held on Friday 5 August. Please see the links below for the job description and application letter. Apply online here.