The Shetland Arts Fund is designed to support not for profit voluntary organisations and individuals to develop their art form and/or to deliver arts related projects and events that meet local community needs and make a lasting difference in the community.
This grant aid scheme is funded by Shetland Charitable Trust and managed in partnership with the Shetland Islands Council and Shetland Arts Development Agency. The scheme can support all forms of arts genres including the visual arts, crafts, dance, drama, dialect, film, literature, music, theatre and combined arts.
You must acknowledge your Shetland Arts Fund grant on all publicity and marketing materials. Where appropriate, you should include the Shetland Arts Fund logo (JPEG 256 KB) and the text, Supported by Shetland Arts Fund. Further information on logos and attribution can be found here.
How to apply
Please read the scheme guidelines before you complete your application.
Please note that we cannot consider funding any expenditure that has been paid for before we receive your application, and we cannot guarantee to fund any costs you incur before we make a decision on your application.
- Once complete, you should save the form and email a copy to us.
- If you have any questions, please phone the Grants Unit on 01595 743827 or 743828 or email
- You’ll need Adobe Reader version 9 or later to be able to save and edit the forms.
- Save your form frequently as you complete it.
- Make sure you complete the form using Adobe Acrobat Reader, and not Preview or any other application.
(Adobe Reader software is required to access these documents)
- Shetland Arts Fund guidelines (PDF 99Kb)
- Application Form: Shetland Arts Fund for Groups (PDF 727Kb)
- Shetland Arts Fund application form for individuals (PDF 682Kb)
- End of grant evaluation form for groups (PDF 195KB)
- End of grant evaluation form for individuals (PDF 194KB)